The District 4 Program Management Office approved a tentative draft of the Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT)’s Five Year Work Program for the period starting during fiscal year 2019/2020. You can check it out here.
The five year program details the projects that are planned by FDOT starting July 1, 2019 and ending June 30, 2024. In 2019, the listed projects will become included in the Transportation Improvement Program (TIP) for Indian River County. Here are some of the planned improvements:
- Realignment of the interchange of 82nd and 86th Avenue.
- State Road 5 (US-1) between 53rd Street and County Road 510 will see improvements and two new lanes.
- State Road 5 (US-1) between 69th street and County Road 510 will see improvements and reconstruction.
- Lengthening the right-hand turn lanes on southbound State Road A1A at State Road 60 (Barber Bridge).
- Extending the right-hand turn late on State Road 5 (US-1) at 8th Street.
- Repairs to the 17th Street Bridge and State Road 656 will take place, fixing the mess left by Hurricane Irma in that area.
- Plenty of traffic light upgrades.
- Lots of landscaping.
- Resurfacing of State Road A1A from 17th Street to Beachland Blvd.
- Adding a new two lane roadway- 82nd Avenue from 69th Street to County Road 510
These are only a portion of the projects planned to improve Indiana River County roads in the coming five years. To see more of the plans, check out the draft of the Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT)’s Five Year Work Program here.
We Are Your Indian River County Experts
Please consider our team at Alex MacWilliam Real Estate whether you’re selling your home or looking for a new one. We love helping make people’s dreams come true. Plus, we’re experts in this area. Want to find a place to golf in Vero Beach? Just ask one of our skilled realtors while touring your potential new house! Our realtors will try to answer any questions you might have about amenities you can find nearby. Also, check out our Vero Beach relocation guide.
Feel free to use our online search tool to find Vero Beach real estate from your device now. Plus, while you’re at it, also check out:
- Open houses in Vero Beach
- Featured Vero Beach real estate
- 55+ condo communities in Vero Beach
- Single family homes in Vero Beach with acreage
So, if you are considering relocating to Vero Beach, please contact us today. Our real estate team is extremely knowledgeable about the area and can find the perfect home for you. Call us at 772-231-6509 to talk to a Realtor® in Vero Beach, FL today. We can search the MLS and find your dream home.