If you have schedule an open house to sell your Vero Beach home, it’s time to do some preparations. Here is a to-do list to help make sure your house looks its best.
- Rent a storage unit and take at least half of your stuff there. Too much furniture or extra belongings will make your house feel too much like YOUR house. We want the potential buyer to have the chance to imagine it as their house.
- Purchase a brand new welcome mat. It might seem silly, but it makes a difference.
- Check out the numbers on your house. Are they faded or in an outdated style? Make sure they look crisp and new, even if it means simply removing them, giving them a fresh coat of appropriate spray paint, and putting them back. Be careful when buying brand new numbers, because you may end up accidentally showing some fade in the color of your siding.
- Clean the outside of your house.
- Clean out the gutters.
- Take out your window screens and wash them down.
- Wash all of your windows on the inside and the outside.
- Paint the front door.
- Check out your lighting fixtures. If they are outdated, purchase some new, more modern fixtures.
- Check all closets. Make sure that they are nicely organized. If they open up a closet to a state of disarray, they may get a negative feeling.
- Check for wall holes, loose door knobs, broken drawers, etc. Repair anything that is damaged.
- Buy air neutralizer and spray it around the home and in the closets. Do not use a strong air freshener. Even if the scent is lovely, the buyers will wonder what you’re trying to hide.
- Buy new bed linens. It will make them feel like the whole house is cleaner and more fresh.
- Scrub the bathroom.
- Re-grout or re-caulk sinks and tubs as needed.
- Clean the carpets professionally!
- Check the ceiling fans, and wipe them of all dust.
- Wipe down your baseboards!
- Plant fresh flowers in containers or flower beds that need to be spruced up.
- Clean inside the toilet’s reservoir.
- Clean under all sinks.
- Clean your car inside and out too if it will be visible at the open house.
If you’re having a hard time, you can always ask a friend to come over and point things out. We sometimes can’t see issues, since we’re accustomed to them.
We Are Your Indian River County Experts
Please consider our team at Alex MacWilliam Real Estate whether you’re selling your home or looking for a new one. We love helping make people’s dreams come true. Plus, we’re experts in this area. Want to find a place to golf in Vero Beach? Just ask one of our skilled realtors while touring your potential new house! Our realtors will try to answer any questions you might have about amenities you can find nearby. Also, check out our Vero Beach relocation guide.
Feel free to use our online search tool to find Vero Beach real estate from your device now. Plus, while you’re at it, also check out:
- Open houses in Vero Beach
- Featured Vero Beach real estate
- 55+ condo communities in Vero Beach
- Single family homes in Vero Beach with acreage
So, if you are considering relocating to Vero Beach, please contact us today. Our real estate team is extremely knowledgeable about the area and can find the perfect home for you. Call us at 772-231-6509 to talk to a Realtor® in Vero Beach, FL today. We can search the MLS and find your dream home.