When your real estate agent calls or texts you to let you know buyers are on their way for a last-minute showing, it’s important that you run through the house and hit all the hot spots. That way, you can make sure the house looks good enough to show – and you won’t hurt your chances of getting an offer or making a sale.
Here are a few last-minute staging tips you can do for a short-notice showing.
Last-Minute Staging Tips: What to Do Before a Showing
- Put down toilet seats, and hide the plunger and toilet brush. Buyers know you live in the home, but they don’t need to see evidence of it.
- Take everything off your kitchen counters, including small appliances (we’re looking at you, toaster) and any clutter that may have accumulated.
- Make sure the temperature is comfortable, no matter what season it is. Usually, 70 degrees is about right – that way, buyers are comfortable without getting too hot or cold.
- Take out personal items, like family photos and collectibles that don’t appeal to a wide audience. Buyers want to see your home like a canvas, but they can’t do that if your personal items are on every wall and in every corner.
Pro tip: Invest in a small laundry basket you can use when you have a short-notice showing. You can put all your clutter into it and take it with you when you leave – and as soon as you get home, you can put everything in its proper place.
Search Vero Beach Homes for Sale Now
Are You Buying or Selling a Home in Vero Beach, FL?
Use our site to search homes for sale in Vero Beach from Sebastian and Fellsmere to South Beach and the surrounding communities. Unlike the “big name” sites out there, our site is directly connected to our local MLS and is updated faster. By creating a property manager account, you can stay on top of the newest homes for sale and get price change alerts so you can stay ahead of other buyers and beat them to the best deals!
In the meantime, check out these one-click searches:
- Vero Beach homes for sale
- Vero Beach condos for sale
- Grand Harbor homes
- The Moorings
- Orchid Island
- Johns’ Island